Monday, September 3, 2007

This is painfully slow.....

Today I saw on the Rumor Queen site that China has finished matching LIDs (log-in dates) through November 25th, 2005. That means that they have only matched four days of LIDs again this month. Even more depressing is the other stat on RQ... apparently China has only matched about four months of LIDs in the past year. Just for comparison's sake, when we were waiting for Amelia, referrals were sent as full month LID batches every month. I am keeping my fingers crossed that things will speed up again after the Olympics, or maybe even once we get into 2008. Only time will tell, but it is getting harder to be patient.

For those of you keeping track of our baby name saga, we have changed our minds yet again (really, I am not usually this indecisive, and this has been a very frustrating process and embarrassing as well since I keep posting a different name every month or so!) First, let me explain.... I have a new hobby - geneaology - and have found some really interesting things out about my family, and also have been able to put some pieces together. I had a box of photos of children taken in the early 1900's and I couldn't figure out who they were. I finally figured it out with the help of ancestry.com (and the fact that their names were all on the back of the photos - thanks Great Aunt Emeline!) It turns out that they are all my Great Grandmother's cousins. Anyway, through all of this research, I found that one of the names that was on our list of potential names actually had some significance in my famiy and was used in one form or another for middle names of several people. And then I found out that this same name was also the first name of Brian's great grandmother. This is exactly what we were looking for, a name that we all like that has family significance for both of us. So our frontrunner name is now ....

Clara Elizabeth.

I am pretty sure that this one is the one, but Jenn - who is going to make us letters for the baby's room that spell out her name - says that she is going to make one of each letter of the alphabet, just in case we change our minds again. :)

I am so ready for a speed up in referrals!

No comments: