I went to a quilt retreat on Friday and Sunday last week, and I actually finally finished the quilt top for Amelia's lantern quilt!!! Hooray!!! This is a quilt that I collected all asian or asian-themed fabrics for, and for whatever reason I decided to make each fabric square into a lantern, which I appliqued. Well, I literally spent 7 hours doing nothing but applique on Friday at the retreat, but it was totally worth it once I put the quilt top together. I think I have worked longer and harder on this quilt than on any other quilt I have ever made. I really think it is gorgeous, and I am so happy to have it to give to Amelia as a keepsake.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Amelia's lantern quilt
I went to a quilt retreat on Friday and Sunday last week, and I actually finally finished the quilt top for Amelia's lantern quilt!!! Hooray!!! This is a quilt that I collected all asian or asian-themed fabrics for, and for whatever reason I decided to make each fabric square into a lantern, which I appliqued. Well, I literally spent 7 hours doing nothing but applique on Friday at the retreat, but it was totally worth it once I put the quilt top together. I think I have worked longer and harder on this quilt than on any other quilt I have ever made. I really think it is gorgeous, and I am so happy to have it to give to Amelia as a keepsake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment