Friday, September 7, 2007

Seven months since LID and an upcoming milestone

I know my last post was about the wait being slow, but I had a realization today... The total time we waited for Amelia from our DTC date (not log-in date since our agency never gave us that date, but back then it wasn't so important since China matched whole months) was 8 months and 9 days. Today marks seven months since log in and tomorrow will mark 8 months since our dossier went to China for Clara. In just over one week's time, we will have officially waited longer for Clara than for Amelia. It just seems like a milestone that we should mention. We are actually marking that day by doing something REALLY fun (I will share when it is over!), and it is sort of funny to me that it was something we planned months ago, and it just happens to coincide with the first day of the official longer wait for Clara. Part of me really feels like this will mark the beginning of the real wait for me since we made it through this long of a wait before. I am not sure what the proper way to observe the beginning of a much-longer wait is, but it seems like we should be doing something fun instead of feeling discouraged, and we will be! I can't wait to post photos!!!!

No comments: