It is unheard of...Amelia has actually outgrown all of her shorts! To help you understand just how monumental of an occasion this is, she has worn many of the same shorts for three summers, and some would still fit around her waist but they were getting far to short to be appropriate. I had her try on all of her shorts the other day, even the hand-me-downs from friends, and I was shocked that most of the ones that I was still willing to let her wear are really tight on her. We are used to her pants getting too short way before they get too tight, so I think we were just shocked to have something fit her too snugly. My mom called yesterday to see what we were planning to do today and asked if she could come visit for the day. I told her that we would love to see her, but that she would have to accompany us on a shorts-finding mission. This might be tricky since usually shorts that fit her in the waist are still around the 3T-4T size and are then not long enough for her. Are there any stores other than Ch*ldren's Pl*ce that make shorts with an adjustable waist?
UPDATE: We were very successful at our very first stop - T*rget! All of their girl's shorts and capris had adjustable waists, and she even fit into some of the 5T outfits. My Mom came with us and we had so much fun picking out the outfits and Mom even ended up buying most of the clothes for her. Thanks Mom! Amelia is now all set for the summer (and judging by the waist sizes when they aren't adjusted, she will be set for at least next summer as well!)
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
W*lm*rt shorts have adjustable waists. I bought the girls some adorable outfits there the other day.
Post a Comment