OK, I think I have a problem. Since we have been waiting for our second child, I have crocheted five baby afghans, started two more, have yarn for several more after that, and have also just started a big girl afghan for Amelia's room since she has outgrown her baby-sized blankets. I probably could have stopped after the first five or so, but then I realized that most of the baby blankets that I had made were too girly and we most likely will be matched with a little boy. So I started some projects in boy colors. As if that wasn't enough, a new craft store opened in our neck of the woods this weekend, so of course I went to check it out and came back with yet another pile of yarn for yet another project. Oh, and did I mention that all of these projects are in addition to the quilts and fleece blankets that are in progress? I have at least three quilts that I am working on right now, one for Amelia, one for the baby's room, and a One Hundred Good Wishes quilt for the baby.
One of the reasons that I have so many projects is that we have a little craft club at work. Some of the other women and I get together during lunch time to work on projects. It definitely helps alleviate the stress of the day and gives me a chance to work on projects that I don't have time to work on at home. And I think that working on baby projects helps me get through the adoption wait.
Now, I realize that there is no single child in the world that could ever actually use all of these blankets, so I do have plans to donate the majority of them to Project Linus after we find out whether we are referred a boy or a girl. For now, I am just enjoying my little burst of creativity.

1 comment:
Wow, you have some talent. I love craft projects. Crocheting is not one of my few talents, but those afghans are adorable and look very soft. I love the craft club thing you do at work. I do stampin up every 3 months with some friends. It is a lot of fun, but it gets expensive. Keep the posts coming about what you guys are doing.
Post a Comment