A few weeks ago, my old clunker of a computer got a very nasty virus and basically became unusable. Even though I really wanted a new computer, I had decided that I would let it limp along until it didn't work anymore before I would get a new one. I have to admit that I wasn't too sad to turn the old thing off and order a new one. I actually splurged. I ordered a nice desktop, and I also ordered a new mini netbook. I have wanted one since I saw someone at a meeting last year with one, and decided that it would be the easiest and most portable way to update the blog from China when we finally go. The last time we went to China, our families ran up enormously large phone bills by calling us everyday to get updates on their new grand-daughter (and I suppose they wanted to check on us as well). This time, I am hoping that if I keep everyone updated with a blog, I can hopefully save them hundreds of dollars. Anyway, I cannot believe how quickly the blog page just loaded. I feel like I have been living in the dark ages, and now finally have technology that WORKS! I am actually giddy because I just uploaded a photo from the built-in card reader. That is probably standard for most of you, but after the convoluted way that I had to upload photos with my old computer, the card reader is like a dream. Sometimes the photos never showed up at all, or it would take so long to upload that I eventually would give up. Is it any wonder that I have been so bad at updating this blog? Anyway, I am very happy with my new toys!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Ah, technology!
A few weeks ago, my old clunker of a computer got a very nasty virus and basically became unusable. Even though I really wanted a new computer, I had decided that I would let it limp along until it didn't work anymore before I would get a new one. I have to admit that I wasn't too sad to turn the old thing off and order a new one. I actually splurged. I ordered a nice desktop, and I also ordered a new mini netbook. I have wanted one since I saw someone at a meeting last year with one, and decided that it would be the easiest and most portable way to update the blog from China when we finally go. The last time we went to China, our families ran up enormously large phone bills by calling us everyday to get updates on their new grand-daughter (and I suppose they wanted to check on us as well). This time, I am hoping that if I keep everyone updated with a blog, I can hopefully save them hundreds of dollars. Anyway, I cannot believe how quickly the blog page just loaded. I feel like I have been living in the dark ages, and now finally have technology that WORKS! I am actually giddy because I just uploaded a photo from the built-in card reader. That is probably standard for most of you, but after the convoluted way that I had to upload photos with my old computer, the card reader is like a dream. Sometimes the photos never showed up at all, or it would take so long to upload that I eventually would give up. Is it any wonder that I have been so bad at updating this blog? Anyway, I am very happy with my new toys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am ordering you to blog more often. No, I don't want to hear it. Just start typing. I would prefer every day, but I will settle for every other day. :)
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm glad you like it.
Post a Comment