Well, we are right back where we started with names for our mei mei. We were all pretty satisfied with the name Elena, but then discovered that yet another family member named their daughter Elena. There are now Elena's on both my and Brian's side of the family, and I can't see adding another one to the mix. Brian has vetoed the name Eliza Clare (after my great-grandmother). The only thing we have agreed on is this - we both like the nickname Evie (ee-vee). There are only a handful of names that can use the nickname Evie, and most of them either are way too popular right now or they are names we don't like. We are considering Genevieve.
If anyone has any suggestions for names that aren't too popular (with or without the nickname Evie), please share them. We need the help!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is too bizarre. When I read that you were looking for a name that went with Evie, I was going to save Genevieve which is my Grandmother's name. I have considered naming a daughter Genevieve and calling her Evie.
Hi! That IS bizarre. Genevieve is a beautiful name and you are lucky that it was your Grandmother's name and you could use it to honor her. We are still searching for a name, and personally I would still love to name our daughter after my Great-Grandmother, so I am still looking for a way to do that as well. Thanks for the comment!
Post a Comment