Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Amelia's One Hundred Good Wishes Quilt

A few weeks ago I discovered that I had a bin full of one hundred good wishes fabric pieces from when I swapped for Amelia that I apparently had forgotten about. I have been working on a lantern quilt for her with 100 asian-themed fabrics that I collected for her, so I must have put the others aside and then forgotten that they were there (after all, I did collect them back in 2003). Anyway, when I counted them, I found that I had just over 100 more assorted quilt squares! (I must have been swapping like crazy!). All of the wishes are in a scrapbook that Amelia loves to look through, but for some reason I stored those fabric squares and didn't remember that they were there. Anyway, I am so proud to say that I put 100 of them into a quilt top for Amelia last week and it looks awesome. I will take a picture of it and post it when I can. I am planning to add the few leftover squares to the backing so that they all get used in the quilt. Now I just need to find the time to quilt it!

No comments: