Really there isn't much going on in our little adoption world. Just lots of waiting, which most of the time I manage by keeping busy. However, today I was on the phone with a co-worker from our main office who just recently returned from maternity leave and she asked how our adoption was coming along. When I told her that we probably wouldn't hear anything until 2010, she started to laugh, obviously thinking that I was trying to make a joke. I had to assure her that I wished I was kidding, but that things have slowed down and we really are looking at a 3+ year wait. I think she felt really sorry for me, which isn't what I want either. I told her we were just trying to put it on the back burner and not focus too much on it (but of course, we are!). Luckily it seems like after I tell people how long we will be waiting, they sort of forget that we are adopting at all, so at least people aren't constantly asking me whether we have heard anything yet.
In other news, I find myself looking at baby names again. I am just not sure about Elena, although I think it is a beautiful name. I also still like Adeline and Eliza, as well as some others. Maybe we will just have to wait to see her little face before we decide!
Friends of ours are in China now preparing to meet their new daughter Heather for the first time. I can't wait to see those Gotcha photos!!!
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment