Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Karate Kid


Amelia has wanted to take karate lessons for a very long time. A few weeks ago, my brother Austin was testing for his high red belt, and we were at the dojo to watch him. I entered Amelia in a drawing to win three free months of karate lessons, and guess what? She won! She has been so excited about starting her lessons, and tonight was her second lesson. She got her white belt tonight, and she is so proud of herself. I have been amazed at how positive the lessons are and how much the kids really seem to get out of each one. The other kids in her class really seem to match her (high) energy level. The instructors seem to work on building integrity and self-confidence as much as teaching technique, and all of the instructors are wonderful with kids. I can picture our family being involved with karate for a long time to come. Plus, she looks so cute in the uniform!

2 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

What a darling little girl! How great that she won. We are in your Yahoo DTC group. I'm just checking in on everyone's blogs.

Erica and Brian said...

Thanks redmaryjanes! I saw your two previous comments, but am new to blogging and just figured out that I have to reply to you here. Thanks for stopping by! I love your blog, and I will say hi the next time I visit!