We went to visit our friends this past weekend and picked up a new hobby that is fun for the whole family - letterboxing! Basically there are letterboxes hidden all over the place, and you can find clues to find letterboxes in your own area by visiting atlasquest.com or letterboxing.org and typing in the name of your city/town. The clues read somewhat like a treasure map, and when you find the letterbox that you are looking for, it will usually contain a rubber stamp, an inkpad and a log book. You bring your own rubber stamps, leave a stamp in the notebook in the letterbox with your stamp, make a stamp in your own logbook using the rubber stamp in the letterbox you have just found to prove that you found it, and then put everything back where you found it so someone else can find it later. To Amelia and her buddy Liam, it was like a hunt for buried treasure, and I think they both really enjoyed it. I think it is also fair to say that my friend Jenn and I are also hooked on this new hobby. I can just imagine how much I would have loved it as a kid.
The rest of the weekend was great as well. Our friends Jenn and Mike adopted their daughter Jillian (aka Jilly-Bean) from Korea in January, and Brian and Amelia finally got a chance to meet her this weekend. Amelia is completely in love with her, sings songs about her, and now is a little mad that her friends Liam and Carly both have their little sisters home and she has to wait. For me, Jillian reminds me that this long wait will be completely worth it in the end!

No comments:
Post a Comment