Today Amelia and I went to the zoo for their Easter Egg Hunt and then for Lunch with the Easter Bunny. We had gone to Breakfast with the Bunny at the Zoo many times, but this was the first time that we went for an Easter Egg Hunt. Well, we never got the instruction sheet with the rules on it, and Amelia quickly filled her basket with eggs. As I looked around, I noticed that no other kids had nearly as many eggs as she did, so I started to tell her that I thought maybe we should put some of the eggs back. Then I started to see parents reading from a white sheet of paper, and I started to get suspicious. We went back inside, and I managed to find one of the white sheets of paper that had been left on a table. It turns out that we were only supposed to gather six eggs. Can you see the number of eggs Amelia had in her basket? There must have been thirty! Luckily, Amelia is really good about following rules that are written down, so when I read her the rule sheet, she happily went back outside and put her eggs back, counted out six, and went back inside to trade in her eggs for candy. I can just imagine what other parents were thinking when they saw me letting her go crazy with gathering the eggs! I have no idea how we completely missed the rule sheets, but we will know better for next time.
It was so cold here today (predicted to be colder on Easter this year than it was on Christmas!)so we didn't stay outside for very long, but we had a great time looking at the animals that live inside at the zoo. Brian met us at the zoo for lunch, and Amelia was so excited to see the Easter Bunny and have her face painted. This is definitely one of our favorite family traditions!

No comments:
Post a Comment