Friday, March 2, 2007

Ugh! Names!

You know, when I was a kid I loved looking through name books and thinking of all the different name possibilities. So it is really surprising to me that I am having such a hard time with this naming thing. In the past week, after we had sort of unofficially decided on the name Elaina, I have been absolutely besieged by people named Elaina, (or Alaina, Alayna, Alanna, Elena....). On the one hand, maybe it is a sign that we picked the right name, but honestly it is making me feel like there are just way too many people with similar names. Now, I know that there will be other people with our daughter's name, no matter what we choose, but I really loved the fact growing up that I only ever knew two other people named Erica. For now, we are undecided on a name, and we are working on another list of names (including Elaina, Eliza-Claire, Natalie, Felicity, Claudia, Miranda, and Meredith), but I don't think we are coming to a decision at any time soon. I am officially taking a hiatus from baby names, and maybe when I think of it in a few months down the road, something will just seem right.

No comments: