Well, I just logged on to add a post and noticed that our little ladybug timeline ticker says "One Month since LID". One down, and who knows how many more to go!
I have been really encouraged this week because we finally have a name for the baby, and it finally feels right in the same way that Amelia's name did. We have decided on Elena Mae. I think I needed to know that we were using a family name that had meaning beyond being just a name that we liked, and once I saw it used in my family tree, I finally felt like I was being guided toward that name. I actually like the more traditional spelling of Elena as well, and it is nice because Elena spelled this way is a variant of Helen, which is Brian's grandmother's name. We chose Mae because it is also a commonly used middle name in the family. However, if Elena's Chinese name contains Mei, we will have to rethink her American middle name, or decide to use only her Chinese name as her middle name. At any rate, we are now very much looking forward to meeting our little Elena.
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment