In just a few hours, it will be Chinese New Year. We are celebrating tomorrow with me going to Amelia's preschool to read a book and hand out hong bao to the kids in her class. I love Amelia's school so much for so many reasons, but this week I am especially happy because they have actually done a whole unit on China and Chinese New Year. Another little girl in the class was also adopted from China, and her mom brought in a bunch of Chinese-themed stamps that the kids have been making art projects with. Their teachers have been reading China-themed books all week, and they have made paper lanterns to hang in the room. Every day her teachers tell me that Amelia stands up during story time and talks about whatever book they are reading for that day (mostly because they seem to all be books that we own and read often!). At one point she stood up and talked about the Great Wall and why it was built (to keep the bad guys out). She is so proud to be Chinese. Anyway, I love her school, and the director has told me that since we have already had one child there, a spot for the baby is just about guaranteed. I plan to call them often after Amelia goes to kindergarten next year, just to remind them that we are still waiting for our second child and that we would love for her to attend there as well!
Tomorrow also is the one year anniversary of the date when our paperwork was logged in at the CCAA. It is definitely a milestone, and I am happy that we have one year of the wait behind us, but unfortunately we will probably wait at least two more years before we hear anything. I do like the fact that the LID anniversary falls on Chinese New Year this year though!
Xin Nian Kuai Le! Happy New Year!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment