Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Baby Names

I think we are back to the drawing board with names - again. We had a lot of mixed feedback about the name Clara, enough to make me doubt it as a choice. Also, I discovered that my great-grandmother's given first name was actually Eliza, not Mary as we had always known her. That is a long story and not one that I am comfortable sharing on this blog, but suffice it to say that although I had always known that she was adopted, I have been able to learn a lot in the past few months and I am completely amazed at what she went through as a kid. It makes me have a completely new level of respect for the woman that I had SO much respect for in the first place. Anyway, finding out all that I did, it put Eliza back at the top of my list for names. Brian likes Audra and Bailey. Amelia still likes Elena. I am not sure if we will ever agree on a name, and I feel really ridiculous every time I post that I have changed my mind about a name again, so I have decided to post a running list of current names that we like on the column of this blog. That way, I can change it as much as I feel like, add names and take names off, and maybe at the end of our wait, there will be a name that we all like! At any given time, this will be more of a list of names that I like, and not necessarily names that anyone else in the family likes! I am still amazed that Brian and I have such very different taste in names because we have similar taste in just about everything else! We are open to suggestions! Maybe I am trying too hard - the cover of my Baby Name Wizard book is actually starting to fall off from overuse!

No comments: